Kilkern Ltd is committed to enforcing an effective Hours of Work Policy in accordance with the requirements of the Railway and Other Guided Transport Regulations and Network Rail Company Standards and Procedures. We recognize the importance of such a policy in its contribution towards ensuring the health and safety of our employees, sub-contractors, and all those affected by our works.
Kilkern Ltd will take all measures as far as is reasonably practicable to ensure that all employees and sub-contractors are aware of and adhere to the guidelines for hours of work.
Kilkern Ltd requires that all employees or sub-contractors shall not:
- Work in excess of 14 hours per day door to door;
- Work in excess of 72 hours per calendar week;
- Work more than 13days in any 14 day period;
- Take less than 12 hour’s rest between shifts.
Deviation from the above limits will require a Risk Assessment and will affect the Client’s Safety Case.
All Kilkern Ltd employees or contractors working on behalf of Kilkern Ltd who hold a Sentinel card competency will be required to adhere to the following requirement with regard to travelling to sites:
- Travelling to a training site between 1 to 1? hours each way is acceptable;
- If travelling to a training site is over 1 ? hours each way then lodging is required.
Employees should not exceed the maximum of 14 hours per day including any travelling time.
Kilkern Ltd has developed internal procedures to prevent employees or sub-contractors from working excess hours or shifts. Measurement of the effectiveness of these procedures will be carried out via a continuous monitoring process. Should this monitoring process reveal a departure from the procedures then appropriate action will be taken.
Date 8th November 2020